During the project, six results will be developed, tested, evaluated, finalized and implemented taking into account the different national conditions.
1. Best practices international analysis and adaption to national conditions for the construction and finishing trade
a) regarding the use of digital technologies for the different SME specific tasks and for the realization of cooperation involving the different stages of construction (design, planning, execution, management).
b) regarding SME specific training programs that combine training of cooperation and teaching of digital competences.
2. Train the trainer programs “SME specific digitalization” for advisors of chambers and associations as well as for teaching staff of vocational education and training institutions.
3. Curricula, teaching materials and examination regulations for the teaching of additional qualifications “Digitalization in the construction and finishing trades” for young people with strong learning skills (e.g. high school graduates) that can be completed during or directly after their vocational training and result in a recognized qualification, so that qualified skilled workers are gained and the attractiveness of vocational education and training is increased.
4. Curricula, teaching materials and examination regulations for the further training of architects, engineers and SME owners and managers for the realization of cooperation through digital technologies in the planning, construction and management of buildings.
5. Curricula, teaching materials and examination regulations for the training of SME managers and, in particular, specialists in the construction and finishing trades for the use of digital technologies in all construction tasks.
6. Curricula and teaching materials for the modules “Digital Entrepreneurship Training” as part of mas-ter craftsman and construction technician trainings as well as construction engineering study pro-grams.
The project and its results will achieve the following objectives and impacts in summary: The digital transformation in and by SMEs in the building and construction industry is promoted in an outstanding manner through targeted information, advice, best practice transfer. The motivation, responsiveness and capacities towards digital changes greatly increase. Innovative strength, productivity and working fields of SMEs in the construction industry are promoted and expanded. Through the extensive use of digital technologies, cost savings, quality increases and adherence to deadlines are achieved in residential construction. With the help of digital technologies, cooperation and holistic working methods are facilitated, so that SMEs are involved in all steps of the construction process from design to planning, construction and management. Measures of environmental policies are systematically included and monitored in all construction phases. Through holistic working methods and the use of digital technologies, the attractiveness of vocational training and activity in all trades in the construction industry increases. Further increases in attractiveness are achieved especially for young people with strong learning skills by offering additional digital qualification trainings. This provides them with the best prospects for professional activities and career opportunities in the construction industry. Through targeted training at all levels of vocational training (NQF 4 – 6), digital skills are trained, digital transformation is promoted, and SMEs attract the urgently needed young professionals, managers and entrepreneurs. VET providers will receive best practices and digital education programs; their teachers will be qualified in the application of these and digital pedagogy. The capacities to promote digital transformation will be increased and secured on a broad basis. Cross border cooperation, knowledge and experience sharing and best practice exchange of 13 countries will be built.